Sunday, November 14, 2010

Exciting News! (No, I'm Not Pregnant)

I was going through my hard drive last night and came across this photo, taken my last day in Cambodia while we were touring the Angkor Wat temple.



If you read my blog, you may remember I was planning a return trip to Cambodia to attend my friend Ratha's wedding. That would have been at the end of August.

I ended up cancelling that trip. I also cancelled a mini-triathlon I was training for around that time. I rescheduled photo shoots, stopped blogging, and basically dropped out of life for a few months. I took that time to simplify my life. I was exhausted from always living life at full speed, doing things that weren't always best for me, but for others. I got over my fear of disappointing others and saying no. I spent less time on the computer and more with my kids. I reconnected with my husband and realized that a strong marriage must come before EVERYTHING else. Yes, that's a biggie.

One thing that will always be important to me is going on missions. Water, food, shelter, my husband and family, a good job, and humanitarian work...see, it ranks right up there on top.

With that said, my gypsy feet have been itching to travel again. So a few months ago, I signed up to serve another dental mission. This trip will be for 3 weeks, leaving mid-April. Words cannot express how excited I am to go again.

Guess how mean I am? I am not even telling you where I am going! Not yet!! I am cruelly going to make you guess, and I'll divulge the location later on.

Leave a comment and tell me where you think I'll be going. And you can't guess if I've already told you! Here are three hints:

1. It is in Asia
2. It is not Cambodia
3. I'll need a warm coat and trekkiing poles

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I've missed your blogging!! I hope that things are going well and my guess is Mongolia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the "....etziscans"? LOL! I'm so excited for you! We are thinking of doing a family mission trip on North Vancouver Island in August. (MiChelle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a guess, I just wanted to thank you for sharing what you've been up to over the last few months. Can't wait to see you again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug and I are guessing Angola or Tibet. You are such a wonderful person Jess. It is amazing what you are doing for these people in another country. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is Russia. Or wait, somewhere in the Andes mountains . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. OkAy, I'll take Nepal and adventure awaits. Love the halloween photos, too bad Rowan doesn't have a face.. Cathy Mockli

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're definitely going to Egypt, right? :P

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.