Monday, January 31, 2011

Seattle-to-Portland 2011

Because the opportunity to create friction sores that bleed through spandex is an opportunity that Dale and I cannot pass up, we signed up for the Seattle-to-Portland bicycle classic this coming July.

If you remember, we participated in 2008 and 2009. In 2010, Dale spent the summer focusing on climbing Mt. Rainier (after the avalanche he attempted it again and was successful...still on my to-do list of blog posts), and I spent the summer not riding a bicycle. How did I spend my summer? I don't know. It's kind of a blur. But I do remember the weekend of the STP, and the two of us were bummed knowing it was going on without us.

So, the next question on everyone's mind is, will we ride it in one day or two? If you ask Dale, he'd tell you we'd do it in one day. But we'd stop half way, climb Mt. Rainier, then finish up the ride. He'd be all, what? WE TOTALLY COULD.

4 comments:

  1. Haha. That Dale, he's kinda crazy! Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Do you two ever slow down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from me btw. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you get some nice blisters on your hands to go along with the butt sores? That would just be icing on the cake! Erin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.