Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nepal: See You Soon!

I think if I don't start committing to this blog, Dave and Darold will send a lynch mob to my house. I'm sure Kaylee will tell them where I live. My mom will make sure I am home.

I finally received an information packet about my trip several days ago, which is a good thing since I'm leaving in six days. Looks like we'll have a pretty diverse group, which will include 5 dentists, 3 hygienists, and 4 support staff. The homes of my teammates are WA, NM, OH, CA, The UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. I am pretty sure, too, that our team will grow as we will have some Nepalese members join us we get there.

We'll be staying in a guesthouse while in Kathmandu. I instantly hopped on Google once I had the info in my hands. Come to find out, this guesthouse is connected to a Buddhist monastery, which is right by a Stupa (a religious monument). I borrowed this lovely picture off the Internet of this stupa which will be the view from my balcony (this really is the stupa, but the balcony part I made up. I can wish, right?).



During the trekking part of the journey, we will be staying in local tea houses. As the information packet stated, "These tea houses are not equipped with western amenities. Have a sense of humor about it." That's another way of saying, "You are not going to shower for a week. Have a competition with your trekking mates to see who can smell the worst."

1 comment:

  1. so exciting. . . and perhaps very smelly! :)
    You are a stronger woman than I my friend.
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.