Friday, November 30, 2007

Art Night

Last night I got to spent some time with my great friends, Kaylee and Erin. Kaylee is my friend from Phoenix who was in town for Thanksgiving. We got together at Kaylee's Parent's house for a little tradition started last summer called Art Night. We drank wine, watercolor painted, ate lots of good food, had wine, laughed at eachother, caught up, and enjoyed wine. There is something about Art Night that I always find so theraputic!

We were joined by Amy, who is their neighbor and actually is a real artist. She is also a lot of fun and is very talented, I must say!

Our friend Erin is a registered nurse. Somehow the conversation turned to how Erin had to overcome her life-long phobia of needles in order to make it through nursing school. She overcame, and admits she now loves to stick people. She said she even gets a run at it!;) Then we all stopped painting to pull up our sleeves for Erin to judge who had the best IV site. I know...What a roudy bunch of girls we are!! Oh, and in case you were on the edge of your seat over who had the best vein, it was yours truly.













.

5 comments:

  1. Good veins? Not to brag, but many a nurse has commented on my beautiful blue veins myself. I guess it runs in the family (along with big butts and premature wrinkling...or at least I inherited that from somewhere....)

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. I do remember the nurse gasping in delight with the discovery of the textbook vein on your hand when you were in the hospital.
    And surely our premature wrinkling has nothing to do with all the sun worshiping we did as teenagers. That's right, we'll blame our genes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even going to explain the hurt and pain I feel that you would show Amy's art over my masterpiece. I'm going to be quite frank and tell you I feel betrayed. You know the work of genius that I have now titled "Freakish Christmas Wreaths and Lights" will in fact be famous one day. Okay, I'm over it now. What a great time that was!!! I so think that we should take Kay's suggestion and plan a little 3-day getaway around our b-days down to Az. I'm planting the seed w/my husband soon, you should do the same!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing outloud, by myself, in my kitchen while I'm reading this right now. You guys are hilarious. And that is the worst picture of myself I have ever seen (the last one). Why would you do that to me? I thought we were friends. Oh well. I really don't care. It's a "phase" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just now seeing this - I've been slacking when it comes to keeping up with the blogs. So, YES to artnight! Always a good time - can't wait till the next one! Oh, and that giant painting I did looks fantastic all framed up - I think next time it will be your turn to do a "full sheet"

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.