Sunday, March 9, 2008

Seattle Bicycle Expo


This morning got up early, loaded up the car, stopped at Starbucks, and hit the road for the Seattle International Bicycle Expo. It was held at the cruise ship terminal, which I had imagined to be a pretty cool place (since the Disney one is over-the-top) but this one was more warehouse-ish, but worked just fine for today's event.

Since we had to leave really early and Dale and I were both really tired, Bella volunteered to drive for us. She's such a good girl...........Ok, no one take me seriously, please.

It was a great place to do things like get some awesome deals, eat samples of the latest energy foods, and my personal favorite, people watch. Dale and I were laughing to eachother over the "riders culture". You know the type- Organic granola eaters who's Subaru Outbacks are adorned with a Yakima bike rack and a "Keep Tahoe Blue" sticker.

I found some sweet deals on riding attire and bought a few pairs of padded shorts and a couple jerseys.





But Bella wanted me buy this one... (Could I not have cleaned the chocolate off of her mouth before the picture??)

I threatened Dale that I was going to get a basket for the front of my bike and put a bell on it. A basket, no, but I really am getting a bell much to Dale's embarrassment. I asked him how else am I supposed to alert all the riders that I am passing? Hahaha...like I'll be doin a lot of passing...
style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;" src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yLyPsx2KO5U/R9S-S_UyMjI/AAAAAAAAARg/6C3A0SbAo50/s400/IMG_9824.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_

Dale found a great deal on a Trek Madone 5.0. He is pretty darn excited about it, but not thrilled we didn't get to take it home with us today. I can just see us now on the STP. Dale on his Lance Armstrong bike, riding like the wind, and me on my Schwinn, pushing my bike, gasping for air, and using my bell to signal SOS. It should be a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.