Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fool's Day

A few minutes ago, as I was writing out the check to the kids' daycare, I realized tomorrow is April Fool's Day. "Hey honey!" I yelled out.
Dale: "Yeah?"
Me: "Tomorrow is April Fool's. So if you were plotting your revenge from last year...I'm already on to you."


Let me fill you in. I got Dale SO good last year. I get him good every year, but last year was so good I am not going to do anything this year, because he has just barely recovered.

We are done having kids. It's settled, two is it. A year ago at this time Rowan was 7 months old. What I did was the day before April Fool's, I went to the store and bought a pregnancy test. Then I took it to work with me, had Haley (who actually was preg) turn it positive for me, then took it home and waited to play my joke. Early the next morning (it was a weekend) I got up out of bed, went to the bathroom, came back with the positive test, tossed it to Dale, and crawled back in bed.
Dale: ".....what is this?..."
Me: "What do you think it is?"
Dale: "How in the world? We've been so careful."

The conversation went on like this for a while, and every time I thought I was going to laugh I'd turn my back to him and put my hands up to my face and act like I was really stressed out.

The meanest part of it was I let the joke go along for about 3 hours. I decided to tell him when I saw him sitting on the couch with Bella, and his face was so pale he was actually a shade of green. They were watching Spongebob and the episode was all about April Fool's Day, yet Dale was so distracted he never even made the connection. He was just staring at the TV though you could tell his mind was a million miles away. I then started feeling really bad, and I had to get him out of his misery. So I went and got the test, wrote HALEY across it with a sharpie, and threw it too him. "Take a closer look." I said, "It's Haley's test." Honestly, he was too relieved to even be mad at me. It was a great one.

How are you going to fool your loved one tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. I am very disappointed in you. We look forward to your next prank on Dale - yet nothing. Are you slipping?
    A ride from Seattle to Portland on a bike - what is wrong with you.

    Scorpion

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.