Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jeana and Brent's Wedding at Mell Farm

I really didn't know Jeana or Brent when I was asked to shoot their wedding. Brent is my good friend Erin's younger brother, and Jeana's older sister Jamie works with my sister. It was actually Jamie's idea to have me shoot the wedding. She is one of my blog readers, and thought I'd make a great photographer for her little sister's wedding. And considering the groom is the brother of one of my best friends, it seemed I'd be the perfect fit to capture their day. I was flattered that they thought of me for the job.

The day started out cold, windy, and rainy, and you'd never guess it was the first day of spring. I got there really early because I haven't shot a wedding by myself in 2 years and I didn't want to feel stressed or rushed. Also, it was my first shoot with my new flash. Jeana and I mostly just hung out and chatted and had a good time while she got ready. I even helped her get into her dress. It was funny...we started out the day not really knowing each other, but by the end of the night, we were practically BFFs. When I hugged her goodbye that night, I said "I feel like we've bonded!"

During the reception, the sun finally came out so I snuck Jeana and Brent away from the chaos to shoot some beautiful photos out in the field. What started out as absolutely terrible weather ended up being perfect and clear.

Congratulations, guys! Thank you for being two of the most easygoing people I have ever worked with, and I just really enjoyed spending the day with you. You and your families were welcoming and fun people.












3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous, Jess! Jeana looks just like Taylor in that first photo.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea-u-tiful! I love them, all of them. I think the last is my fave though.

    You are an amazing photographer Jess, keep it up! I'm pretty sure it's your calling, although you did have 2 amazing people to work with there!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a great job!! Your pictures are all so beautiful!! I didn't even know you were a photographer..what an awesome line of work.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.