Friday, August 14, 2009

Made in China



Ok, so...the other day Bella and I went to a BBQ at my friends Amy and Forrest's house. I didn't know very many people there, so I mostly talked to Kim. Kim is an acquaintance friend whom I have gotten to know through Kaylee's family. Kim is Asian.

*Side note* Bella has absolutely no experience with Asians or Asian culture. I knew she would be curious. She is just like me in that she observes EVERYTHING.

So we were driving home from the BBQ and Bella started asking me questions from the back seat.

"Mom, who's that girl you were talking to?"

"Her name is Kim."

"She...well, she...um, she is, um..."

"Chinese."

"Well, how can she talk to us if she is from Chinee?"

Awww....I thought that was so cute and innocent. Her little wheels were turning and of course...if you are Chinese, then you are from Chinee.

3 comments:

  1. Zoe thinks that anyone who speaks with an accent is speaking Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Bella is thinking, curious and so innocently cute (and gosh I'd kill for some of her height too)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. When I was Bella's age, I thought I should be Swedish since I was born at Swedish Hospital.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.