Saturday, April 10, 2010

Boudoir Workshop with Jennifer Skog

So while I have been blogging about my Cambodia mission for the past three months, life has been going on, as they say. In march I attended an AWESOME workshop in Las Vegas taught by the amazing and talented photographer, Jennifer Skog.

I have been a fan of Jennifer's photography for a few years now, specifically her boudoir work. Everytime I snoop at her blog, I always amazed at her ability to keep her subjects looking classy, tasteful, but still sexy at the same time. She always manages to stay on the appropriate side of that very delicate line. I believe a woman's beautiful body should celebrated, and Jennifer is so great at what she does.

So just before I left for Cambodia she posted this upcoming workshop on her blog. I was already spending a ton of money to go on the mission, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn from the very best. So I signed up...and I am so glad I did. It was a super fun class. It was a small workshop, so we go a lot of individual attention, and I left that day armed with all kinds of tips and tricks for my next shoot. Can't wait!

Here is Jennifer in action:



Not surprising, Jenn is also a fabulous wedding photographer. We had a model who was actually one of Jenn's recent brides. Her name was Steph, she was a great sport, had a stunning body, and was absolutely up for anything. She made the already-fun class even more fun!

This is another student shooting:



We paired off and two-by-two directed our own little shoot. This is the gal I partnered with:



Here are a couple of my favorite shots from the workshop. They are a little on the racy side...so please...if you think you may be offended by this type of thing, then just don't scroll down any further. :)

I've never done a boudoir shoot before, so this was all new to me...and I am kinda proud of myself. I liked how some of these turned out:







3 comments:

  1. those are gorgeous photos Jess. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Jess! I agree with you they are sexy, yet tasteful. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess the second shot is awesome! I would have loved this. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.