Sunday, April 4, 2010

Teaching us to NOT be ugly Americans

I know I still need to blog about Road Trip part II, but in the mean time, I wanted to share this picture.

This is one of my teammates' pictures. I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures from the trip. Love it. I love seeing that they captured things that I didn't, or saw things in a different way, or having memories come back that I'd otherwise forgotten.

When I came across this one, at first I thought, what is going on in this picture? But when I realized what it was, I remembered. I love the little story this picture tells. It was at the start of the mission, we had arrived at the orphanage to set up the clinic and were leaving for the hotel. We had just met the dental students and they were teaching us the proper way you hold your hands together up to your face and bow when you say hello/thank you/goodbye. This polite gesture helped us stand out like sore thumbs just a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.