Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nike Women's Marathon

So a while back my marathon running friend, Courtney, convinced me to register for the Nike Women's Marathon. Her point was, basically, that if I will be conditioned enough to ride my bike 204 miles over two days, then I would certainly be capable to run 13.1 miles (given I'd do the half). She had a good point, so I registered, reluctantly. The way it works is that so many people want to participate, they do a lottery type drawing to see who gets a spot...Well I had gone from being reluctant about it to actually really excited and hoping for a spot in the race.

Did I get a spot?

30,000 women registered, 20,000 were drawn at random, the odds were in my favor. Today the emails were sent out with the results...

...I did not get a spot. I am seriously bummed out! All afternoon I was moping around the office. This sucks. I really wanted to participate. Darn.

Did Courtney get a spot? I haven't heard from her yet. I could call her, but it's midnight in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.