Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hey Tooth Fairy!

A short time ago we discovered Bella's tooth was loose (letter O). I had no idea how long it takes for a tooth to actually fall out from the time it starts feeling a little wiggly. She's never lost a tooth before, and hello it's been like YEARS since I've lost one...I was worried that she would loose it while I was gone to Cambodia, and it goes without saying that as a mother and a dental hygienist the thought of not being there to witness my daughter loose her first tooth would just make me curl up and die.

Good thing I get to live another day.

Last night I told Bella, "Tomorrow lets take take a "before" picture, then will pull that tooth out." That tooth was so loose she could push it over completely horizontally with her tongue.

Here's Bella Before:


Then I tried to talk her into taking out her own tooth. (I have had patients who have tried that but it usually involves Jack Daniels and is often unsuccessful.)


Little guy was too slippery so I reached in with some guaze and plucked it out!

2 comments:

  1. Brendan says he's a little bit jealous. All his friends are losing their teeth, but his aren't even giving a wiggle yet! He's anxious to lose his first tooth, too!!! I didn't lose my first tooth until I was in second grade, so poor Brennie might just have to wait a little bit. He is right in the middle of a new set of molars though, so he feels glad to be getting some bigger teeth even if they are way in the back! :) Yay Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was sooo cute when she called to tell me the news. Mom

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.