Wednesday, December 30, 2009

T minus 2 Days

So. I leave for Cambodia Friday night. Since I often get asked the same questions over and over, I thought I'd share my answers here on my blog for those of you following my mission.

Q: Are you ready?
A: Actually, yes. As of tonight I am pretty well packed. I want to spend the next two days just hanging out and doing nothing.

Q: Where will you be staying?
A:  I don't really know.  They said a Guesthouse.  I am not sure what that involves.  Will I be like an actual guest in someone's house?  Like a foreign exchange student?  Awesome!  I have always wanted to be one! 

Q.  Is Dr. Bowers paying for your trip?
A.  Haha...I WISH!!  No...I am paying for it myself.  And with the same amount of money I could be buying a Canon 5D Mk II nicely equiped with a big fat lens, which trust me, I really, really, REALLY want...but I want to serve a mission more. 

Q.  What is the time difference?
A.  It is 15 hours ahead.

Q.  How long is the flight?
A.  20 hrs on the way there, 26 on the way back (more stops...grr...)

Q.  What will the weather be like?
A.  Hot. We'll be missing the monsoon season, so that's good!  Mid 90s in the day, mid 70s at night. 

Q.  Will you get to travel while you are there?
A.  Not much.  The only day we get off is the last day before going home.  I am hoping to see the temples.

Q.  Are you scared?
A.  To death.

4 comments:

  1. Am I scared? Well I know Jess. And if she can fly alone at a young age to Hawaii to hook up with 11 friends, stopping in LA along the way,if she can drive the snowy passes weekend after weekend during dental hygiene school,if she can fly to Europe 2X alone, fly off to photography conventions, work, be a wife, mother, dental hygenist, photographer and a phenominal person, she can do this. To answer my own question I am scared, nervous and excited. I hope you have a great time and I'll see you tonite. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be the experience of a lifetime, much more memorable than any camera you could buy! I'm so excited and proud of you. Best of luck...I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smarg Says...I don't blog very often, but I read your very enjoyable blog daily, and plan to keep on reading, so please keep blogging when the opportunity presents. I am proud to be an American and I am so proud to see people do good things for each other...Thank you, Jessie, for what you have chosen to do...first thing in 2010!!!
    Enjoy! Be safe! God bless!
    ~Smarg~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie....my thoughts, love and prayers go with you....you are simply extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.