Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ready...Set...







OK people...the STP is this weekend. YIKES! It's now or never, do or die. Let's hope I've trained enough.

I have a gazillion things to get done in the next 24 hours and instead of getting anything done, I am blogging. Here are a few things on my to-do list:

Pack
Get goodies for my mom's babysitting/house sitting weekend with the kids
Work a half day tomorrow
Go to bed early!
Try not to think about riding my bike 204 miles



At least my bike is ready to go!














Yes, that's udder cream you see. You have to put it...how should I say this?...inside your shorts to prevent friction sores on your poor bum that will inevitably end up in massive amounts of pain anyway.



Oh! We bought the coolest thing at REI. It's called a Spot Satellite Tracker, and it's basically a little GPS gizmo that we'll have with us so anytime this weekend you want to see where we're at, just click on this link. You can click on satellite and it will give the Google Earth view of where we are.



I took Monday off, so I am planning on blogging and posting lots of pics first thing in the morning (once the coffee kicks in!) Hopefully I won't have any stories to report of being found 5 miles before the finish line laying unconscious in a pool of my own vomit.

Pray for my safety! With a number like 666, I'll need it! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!! I know you'll do great! I can't wait to see how it goes for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i whish you all the luck. John and I will check the satelite this weekend and keep up on you guys. you can do it i know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you two all weekend. Best of luck - we're all proud of you, Jess! :)
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK!!! I will be heading down the I-5 corridor myself to Mayfield Lake, but my lazy buns will be drinking some Mike's Limeaid and hanging out in the sun. I hope the weather isn't too unbearable for you. Drink lots of water my friend. Can't wait to hear all about it. I have a Wednesday off this month, let's plan something. The Dharma Initiative duo is sure to be kicking some ass this weekend. Be safe and talk to you soon, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Hope you get a chance to take some pictures. Did you figure out the camera thing? I'll be watching you online! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess -- you're going to do awesome! Probably better then you thought you could do!
    I can't wait to hear all about it afterwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone! I don't know if you have tried clicking on Jess' link to track the race, but it isn't working.
    After you click the link, if you go up to the address bar and delete the second http// it should work. it should just read: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0Dy4MF4faHQVKcC5HqS3LNM1Qm5YXMF7p

    try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to hear how it goes - you will do great!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.