Monday, February 9, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Last night was haircut night at the Ackley house. First I did Rowan, then Bella and Dale last. When I got home from work this evening, I checked my email to find one from our good friend Mike, titled The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Mike, mind you, is also Dale's boss, his wife owns a hair salon, he once attended barber school, and is one of my blog readers.


Jessie,



You are so good at so many things; a mother, a friend, a great hygienist, photography, blogging, and so much more. The bad, haircutting seems to be a talent that has escaped you. The ugly, I must admit that I can’t remember a time that we had so much fun at the expense of Dale. Did all my lessons go to waste? Don’t you care about the way your husband looks at work? Or is it that you see haircutting as a way of getting back at Dale for something he has done in the past. If this is the case, good for you, you evil woman.



Here are some tips for the next haircut.


And he actually pasted in step-by-step haircutting instructions.

I seriously laughed for about 5 minutes strait.

I'd post a picture of Dale's hair, but perhaps deep down I am afraid you will agree with Mike. Really, it's not that bad...He doesn't have patches of bloody scalp showing or anything. Rowan's haircut is actually pretty choppy, but hey, I was literally cutting a moving target. Bella's hair, on the other hand, turned out super cute, but as I was trimming the scraggler hairs along her neck I had the scissors really close to her skin and...












I snipped her skin. She screamed so loud and was crying so hard. I felt so bad...I kept hugging her and telling her how sorry I was. Poor baby.

Maybe haircutting is not my forte. This is weird considering total strangers trust me with sharp instruments near their head all day long, and pay me good for it too.

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny!! It takes me back to my own mother cutting my bangs. . . so uneven!
    I trade photography for hair cuts and color. . . I haven't paid for hair services in years! (hint, hint) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. that is hilarious.

    i have a scar on the knuckle of my finger from where my mom snipped the skin right off. i was just tring to get an itch! i still wonder if she might have done it on purpose because she was mad at me for moving...

    excellent idea, Amy! i think this is a great idea for jessie! you could swap teeth cleaning!!! i'm trying to think what i could bardar for hair services?.....
    an hour of free counseling?? ha ha :) i thought that was what hairdressers were for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad haircutting skills must be genetic! The first (and only) time I cut TJ's hair I didn't realize that clippers had attachments! I started up the back of his head and basically shaved a bald row up the middle. It was like a reverse Mr. T!!! Of course I stopped in horror and he was like, "what's wrong...why are you stopping"...then I frantically tried to comb the hair on the sides over the bald strip, but it was just too wide... Needless to say, he wore a hat for weeks!!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.