Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 50th, Monica!


My great friend, Monica, just turned 50. I am lucky to have a person like Monica in my life. She is a talented hygienist who is loved by her patients and is a fun co-worker. I liked her the moment we met and we've been friends since that day.

I admire Monica in many ways...She is caring mother, a genuine person, and she and her husband are still just as in love today as the day they met 31 years ago. She has one mood (happy) and one expression (smiling).

We started running together not long after completed the STP. I thought I was in shape...Right! I definitely have to work hard to keep up with her! Lately we have been kicking around the idea of doing a triathlon together. She doesn't give herself the credit as an athlete that she deserves (I don't know if I could do it! she says). She can, she's strong. She has even beaten cancer twice!

Happy birthday, Monica.

1 comment:

  1. Monica is 50??!!! Dang, I think I look older than she does....tell her happy B-Day for me!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.