Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dale's Mt. Washington Clips

If you haven't read my Mt. Ellinor post yet, read it before you read this one.

Ok. So. Yesterday Dale hiked to the peak of Mt. Washington with three of his coworkers who had also done Ellinor with us. I didn't think much of it. All I knew was that Washington was much more challenging of the two, but I didn't worry.

I am so glad I had no clue what my husband was doing yesterday while I took the kids to the fountain park. Sometimes, in certain situations, I think it is just better not to know.

Dale bought this tiny little video camera that he wears on the front strap of his pack. When he came home yesterday, he's all, "Let's watch my video!" I am posting a few highlights here. Seriously, as I watched in horror, all I could do was laugh. Like hand over my mouth, eyes bugged out, laughing out of utter shock, because my brain became confused on which emotion to display. My husband is in good shape, but no experience! No ropes! I was thinking, aren't they supposed to have special gear with names like crampons and carabiners?

This first one shows how the "path" goes along a) a sheer cliff on one side and
b) a pretty steep drop off on the other.



Here they are reaching the summit. Cool accomplishment, but my God, scary!! There is NO WAY I would have been able to do it.

1 comment:

  1. i probably shouldn't tell you how many people my dad has 'seen' that have fallen during those hikes....even mt.elinor. scary is right!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.