Monday, September 28, 2009

Bella's Fascinator

So. It's really popular for brides these days to wear these feather hair pieces in lieu of a veil. They're actually called Fascinators. I was looking at them on Etsy a while back, and I was wishing I had a wedding to plan. It'd almost be worth renewing my vows with Dale just so I could wear one like this:



But since I am not planning a renewal anytime soon, but still wanted a reason to wear one, I ordered one to wear to Meg and Kail's wedding. I thought it'd be a fun way to break up the all-black look. This is the one I wore in my hair:


So late that night, after the wedding was all said and done, Courtney and I were back at her place. I had taken the clip out of my hair at some point and I may have left it on the counter in Courtney's bathroom, I think. I can't remember. All I know is at some point after that we were hanging out and Courtney's yellow lab, Bella, goes wandering by with my feather clip in her mouth. "No, Bella! Gimme that!....(to me) She's a bird dog...it's just her instincts...I am so sorry! How much did it cost? I'll replace it...Oh, how embarrassing..." I told her it was no big deal, and I'd probably never even wear it again. So I took it, cleaned it up, and went and stuck it in my suitcase.

Some time after that, Courtney and I were in her living room looking at her photo album when all of the sudden she's all "Bella, No!!!" and I look over to see Bella lying on her belly with my feather piece pinned between her front paws and she is licking and nuzzling it like it is her long lost lover. I was laughing so hard that no sounds were coming out. What I found most hilarious was that Bella had found which room I was staying in, managed to lift the lid of my suitcase open with her nose, then sniff and root around my stuff until she found her little feathery friend.

The next morning I had my suitcase waiting by the door just before we left for the airport. Bella was going crazy sniffing around my suitcase. She knew what was in there and she wanted it. Her claws were all clicking the hardwood floor as she excitedly danced around my bag.

I think maybe I will send it back to Courtney and she can put it Bella's stocking for Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny Jess.Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I am still laughing so hard I am crying!

    Oh those bird dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have just given it to Bella then and there. When it's meant to be, it's meant to be! I love laughing that hard. The last time I laughed that much was last week when we were hunched over in the aisle at Target reading those b-day cards. I can't wait to give them to someone. Why do I feel that they won't find as much humor in them as we did?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm...where's the bladder post??? i keep linking from kaylee's blog and it's gone! i want to know! i pee my pants all the time...running too long, jumping on trampolines...stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the picture of the dog nuzzling it?? That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.