Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jen's First

We spent most of today at the Western Washington fair. It was great. We invited our friends, Chris and Jenn and their three kids to join us there. Chris and Jenn just moved out here from Pennsylvania a few months ago. Chris is originally from Shelton, while Jenn is 100% east coast.

So while we were wandering about, Jenn and I were talking about all of the food we planned to eat throughout the day. "I think I'll start with a Krusty Pup first", I said.
"What's a Krusty Pup?"
I thought she just didn't understand this special term.
"You know, a corn dog."
Then she said, without much expression, "I have never had a corn dog before."

*BLINK*

*BLINK BLINK*

For a moment all I could do was stare at her like a deer in the headlights. Then silently I mouthed out SHUT UP.

Chris was equally as shocked, and made a beeline for the nearest Krusty Pup stand. Here is Jenn's first ever corn dog:




After her salty, crusty, deep fried hot dog experience was over, she was all, "Now I need a soda."

"You live in Washington now, Jenn." I said. "You have to call it pop."

4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha that is soo funny. awesome pictures! i wish i was just recently moved to WA from pennsylvania. :( (still lonely for home)
    btw, i got MOCKED big time in college because i always called it 'pop'. i've noticed the word 'pop' has slowly disappeared from my vocabulary. i am sooo bringin' it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE: Just so you know, I said the word "pop" 3 times today. I'm feeling more and more like myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you don't mind, but I found your blog link on Becky Bennett's blog and have started reading.

    Just wanted to say that I am so glad you gave her mustard with her first ever Krusty Pup, ketchup just isn't the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Kaylee..when I lived in CT..whoa did that break me off saying pop..FAST! Oh and thongs..lol..that was some major confusion and I will NEVER live that one down..it is and will forever be flipflops..(who called them thongs anyway?). LOVE your blogs, Jess!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.