Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Own the World's Two Most Expensive Bandaids



Ok. So. I just got home from the travel clinic at Thurston County Public Health and see my new band aid? I have a matching one on the other side, too. Now I am immune to Typhoid and Hepatitis A (the former is required, the latter is recommended) but I wish I was immune to "Shot Sticker Shock" because I almost died writing out a $270 check for two little pokes. Also, that doesn't count the Malaria pills I will get at the pharmacy @ $6/day for 3 weeks (I won't be drinking my daily latte there so it will almost even out) and the beefy antibiotics the travel nurse HIGHLY recommended to ward off Traveler's Diarrhea. Because nobody wants that.

I think I will call my insurance company to see if they will help me out here.

And since I brought up coffee...I can't help but wonder...will I have coffee there? Because I recoil and hiss at the sight of daylight without it, and nobody wants to see that.

2 comments:

  1. Recoil & Hiss....hahahahaha. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally share your view on facing a day with.....no......coffee!!!! I will pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.