Thursday, November 26, 2009

Starry Night Cake



While the rest of America got up this morning and started in on their turkeys, I made a birthday cake.

I have wanted to make a Starry Night cake (you know, Van Gogh) for a long time now but haven't had an excuse. Then the other day when my sister told me we'd be celebrating TJ's (my bro-in-law) birthday on Thanksgiving, since we'd all be together. I instantly volunteered to make his cake, of course. Now I had a chance to put my idea into motion.

I got up early and got busy. Dale snapped this picture of me while I decorated...I am still in my pajamas.


And here is the finished product. I decided to be nice and take a shower and put myself together.

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Jess. My hubby's birthday is today also and luckily he enjoys yellow cake with chocolate frosting and the giant number candles the boys picked out! Love your cake decorating talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jess! I knew you could do it, hope you had a FAB Thanksgiving & everyone enjoyed your cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Hey, I saw your brother and uncle Rocky out the other night..it was so nice to see him yet a little strange (since the last time I saw him he wasn't even in HS..) and of course your uncle is freaking hilarious! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...tell Jen I said hey and would love to get together one day with you two for some laughs and good conversation!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true artist Jess. That is an amazing cake. I can't wait to show my work buddies; they will be so impressed. Maybe one day you can focus and spend more time on your true passion!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.