Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon



I went to see New Moon last night with my nurse-friend Erin Lea, and two of her nurse friends.

I had a hard time finding the right words as we left the theater. I was let down.

There was a different director than Twilight, which gave this movie a different feel. I liked Catherine Hardwick's approach to the first movie much better. This one was like too...high budget. Too many special effects. Too Hollywood.

The story was good. The acting was good. The passion was there.....But it didn't feel very Pacific Northwest. Like really- what was up with those forest scenes? I mean hheeelllllloooooooo...... the Olympic Rain Forest is not made up of cedar trees. And the ground is not dusty! Even in the dead of summer. It just didn't look or feel like Forks. Twilight was on a much smaller budget, but ultimately that's what gave it it's charm.

It seemed like the new director tried too hard to make it great and it doing so, took away the essence of the story.

Ok. I am being harsh. I'll get off my soapbox.

I loved the Volterra scenes and when I read the book, that is strangely just how I pictured it in my mind, so that part was well done and really nailed it.

So will I see it again? ...Probably :)

1 comment:

  1. I was a bit let down too. Cindy went and saw it with her daughter again Sunday and she said it was a bit better the second time around. I'm glad we had a bit of a chance to chat before the movie. You have a fantastic, fun personality and you fit into a new group of people with out a hitch! I hope that your ear is feeling better. Maybe join you for a bit Black Friday? Call me!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.