Monday, April 14, 2008

Cabbage Chicken Salad

I think from time to time I will share a few of my favorite recipes (which is a short list, according to Dale).

This salad is really good, so go ahead and give it a try and tell me what you think.

In a colander, crumble 2 packages chicken flavor Top Ramen noodles and pour boiling water over the top (3-4 cups) then add it to a serving bowl with the following:

2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
5 cups chopped cabbage*
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
5 sliced green onions

In a smaller bowl, whisk together:
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
seasoning packets from Ramen noodles

*I just use the bagged chopped cabbage that you buy for cole slaw. It works great, and I don't even measure it. Besides, the little purple cabbage pieces and carrot shreds give the salad some color.

Add dressing and mix to coat. Chill for 3-4 hours- this part is important for the flavors to develop. Otherwise it just tastes bland.


Here's a pic of the finished product. Please don't be distracted by my late 1980s mauve counter tops.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of sharing recipes. I have felt like I'm in a cooking rut lately and am always looking for yummy new ones! Maybe I'll post something on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say...That was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.