Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yesterday Was Purple Day

Getting Bella dressed each morning is always somewhat of a daily adventure. I never really know what I am in for. Sometimes she won't even notice what I am putting on her, other days she'll completely freak out if I don't let her wear her Tinkerbell costume to school or shorts out in the snow.

Yesterday morning I was going through her dresser drawers and our conversation proceeded like this:

Me: Bella, do you want the pink shirt or the purple shirt?
Bella: The purple one. Is today purple day?
Me: Purple day?
Bella: Yeah. Remember it was green day on Patrick's day, so is today purple day?

It then donned on me that she must think all colors have their day at some point, just like green has it's day on St. Patrick's Day. So I decided to enthusiastically go along with it.

Me: Oh my goodness!! I almost forgot, Bella! It IS Purple Day!!

So Bella went to daycare yesterday in head to toe purple. I wonder if she found it strange that she was the only one honoring Purple Day?

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! She looks so proud of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! She is such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cracks me up! You have to for sure save this for her when she's in High School.

    It was great seeing you a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.