Thursday, November 13, 2008

Germphobes...Stay Away

I am sick today.

Dr. Bowers is gone all week, and I always have the option to work or not whenever he is gone. I planned to work all week. On Tuesday, one of the front office gals told me that there were no patients scheduled for Thursday (today), so did I just want a day off? I told her that I DID want to work, and that I have a few very expensive months coming up, so please find me some patients so I can have paycheck that meets my needs. So then what happens? I get sick. I can't even go to work today. I feel terrible that they scrambled to fill my schedule, and now they have to cancel all those patients.

I felt fine all day yesterday. I spent the day with Erin, and by the end of the day my voice started feeling a little scratchy, nothing big. Then this morning, I am in the throes of illness. I have that lovely, hit-by-a-bus feeling. My voice is limited to a whisper, and if I try really hard, I can get my vocal cords to line up and a faint squeak will come out. That's it. I even am wrapped in my down comforter sitting here at the computer.

I just hope to be better by Monday. I am heading to Portland for a class. Since it is photography-related and not dentistry-related, I am really excited for it and can't imagine missing it. So until then I will rest and take my meds and pray this bug speedily runs it's course!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you are actually ill! I know that you said something at the end of our very non-productive day yesterday that you were feeling some sort of bug coming on. I sure hope you feel better soon. It is a good thing to get it out of the way before your fun class on Monday. Take care, Erin :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.