Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight...I'll Be Seeing You Soon...


So today I get this email from Erin:

Also, where in the heck is your Twilight blog? I will be expecting one soon as you must be somewhat consumed by this or you wouldn't be a crazy person like me getting up at the butt crack of dawn for coffee, movie and a little bit of Edward on the side.

Yes, that's right, I proudly consider myself A Follower Of Whatever Is Currently Popular, and yes, that means reading the vampire books.

You can blame Erin. She has read all 4 of them. And she was always like "Jessie you HAVE to read them!!" I figured I would in time, but when I start a book it is pretty much all consuming, kinda like crack, so I was going to wait awhile for when it would be convenient for me.

Fast forward to Sunday night. Dale and I were in the hotel in Portland and were crazy bored. On TV I saw the preview for Twilight (book #1 in the series) opening Nov 21. I talked Dale into going to Target with me so I could buy the book because
I knew I had to read it by then so Erin and I could go see the movie this weekend. So I went and bought it...let's just say it's ~500 pages and I read it in 48 hours...
And usually I don't even like fiction!!

Oh! And it cracks me up that it takes place in Forks, Washington. I heard on the news that Forks is totally inundated with tourists. I bet they are loving the boost in the economy up there! The movie was actually filmed in St. Helens, OR, which is one of the small towns we rode through on the STP. Cool!

Erin's and my date is for early Saturday morning. First Starbucks and breakfast...then onto the movie with 1000 teenage girls to spend two hours with the dreamy vampire Edward...I can hardly wait!!

5 comments:

  1. ... and before you know it you will be done with all the books too. I give it less than 1 week! Two girls from the hospital that I work with in recovery, oh actually the one who recovered you, called me from the movie line today laughing because they beat me. The little brats!!! Also, ladies if you are considering reading these books, be prepared for a long sleepless week, because once you start them, you can't put them down. I mean really they are that darn good. I was threatened by my husband on numerous occasions that I would be finding them in the trash soon! See you tomorrow bright and early Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it either...my Mom has read all 4 and I have started New Moon (but am quickly breaking to read "Marley and Me" - with thanks to you and my Mom). Mom and I are heading to see it on the calm next week :) Love myself some Edward too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have jumped into this frenzy!! Michelle told me that I had to read your blog..so, I've been doing so! I've been laughing, crying, and remembering how much fun I used to have with you and Jen and the whole family for that matter! Your kids are adorable...I just wanna eat them!! I'd love to see you guys sometime...

    It's me, Tessa btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. TESSA!! How are you?? Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing great! What is your email? Mine is whollyyours08@yahoo.com..and my cell is 402-6867...I would LOVE to hear from you! I am back in town living right downtown...Happy Thanksgiving, Jess

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.