Saturday, November 1, 2008

Help Me Out

Ok guys, I really need help here. I can't stay out of the kids' Halloween candy. It started this morning...I had a Reese's peanut butter cup after breakfast, and I told myself it will be the only piece and then I will be good the rest of the day. But, throughout the day I have gone back and back again for more. I am a junkie. Even as I sit here at the computer, I see candy wrappers in front of me. And earlier when I took my jeans off and emptied my pockets, several more candy wrappers. I practically have a stream of chocolate drool coming out of my mouth. I told Dale about my problem (like he had NO idea being with me for 10 yrs now) and he said simply, "just stay out of it." That's like telling a heroin addict not to shoot up when there is a needle in front of them. My will power is just not that strong!

The kids got enough candy last night to feed a small country. We only let them have one piece a day (and they are lucky to even get that, considering I started parenthood out as a no-sugar-what-so-ever mom). I figure that at this rate, we will have their candy bags on the premises for about the next 2 years. Even when I remind myself of the dangers of constant candy consumption (tooth decay, cellulite, etc.) I still can't manage to stop myself.

Do I throw it away and just play dumb to my kids? "What do mean 'where's our candy?' You ate it all, remember?" I will probably send the rest of it with Dale to work. I have got to do something or it will soon become a hazard to my health.

Gotta go. I hear the candy calling my name.

6 comments:

  1. Get rid of the pieces you like. Hang onto the rest for the kids.Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday i was having the exact same problem. i told you i had an almond joy for breakfast! about half way through the day yesterday i thought, "why do i have a 'one piece a day' rule for my kids and not myself?'. i thought i would try and give myself the rule for real and see if i could make myself "obey". i expect my kids to, so....
    we'll see! good luck.
    honestly after all the sugar i had yesterday, i'm not feelin' all that well. candy today doesn't sound all that great anymore. :)
    miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you Mom's idea -- getting rid of the pieces you like. I'll take all of ours into work & it will be done within the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing the same thing Stacy is doing and taking it to work. At the hospital it will be gone w/in the hour. I would hold on to just a few pieces and slowly phase it out day-by-day your kids will forget about it and maybe, just maybe, you will too. I like Kaylee's idea, if you have to have it, eat it for breakfast. Then you will have the rest of the day to burn those extra calories off!!! Not that you need to worry about it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this same problem...can't stop going back!!! So Michelle shared this great idea and it worked so great! I told Cam that there is a "Halloween Fairy" (go with me here) and that if you take 10 pieces (or whatever you deem) of your candy and put in this plastic bag for you to eat whenever you want (they say it is better to eat in a couple days versus over week(s) then you leave the rest for the Halloween Fairy and she will trade you a gift for your candy! IT WORKED SO GREAT!!!! Cam has not asked about additional candy and loves her new "toy". Now the downfall is that we "the fairies" are stuck with the candy, however, you can't eat it in front of the kids or it is a dead give-a-way causing more restraint. I am taking the rest to work where I know I will eat a few too but far less than if I leave it here. :) Good Luck...I am needing a support group or weight watchers very, very soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course as I read that it read a bit funny...kinda like I was talking to you and to Cam...
    Bottom line - give your kids 10 or so pieces which are solely their's to eat at anytime and then the rest goes to the "Halloween Fairy" in exchange for a gift, money or whatever is going to make the thought of all the candy disappear. I love it because you don't fight over the candy and the fun of Halloween is not lost!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.