Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Day Today

Woke up at 4:30 to Rowan at my side of the bed asking for cereal. Said no. He begged. I didn't feel like arguing...got up, poured him some Apple Jacks, turned on cartoons for him, went back to bed. Got up at 7:00 (my day off), got the kids dressed, took them to school (daycare). Drove down the hill and bought myself a latte. Came back home and watched the last half hour of the Tour de France while I sipped my coffee (Go Lance!). Ate some wheat toast with peanut butter. Checked my email, then got ready to some recently downloaded music. Headed over to Lacey where I had a morning appointment.

After my appointment, I went to Marshall's. Looked at yoga clothes. Thinking about giving it a try. Hot yoga...sounds cool. Hit Starbucks and bought a sandwich. Headed to downtown Olympia and met Dale for lunch. Had lunch with my hubby and visited with his boss and our good friend Mike. He is the funniest person I know, hands down. When I first got there, I was like "Where's Mike???" Then I joked with Dale that I had really stopped by just to see Mike. Left an hour later.

Went to Joann's Crafts where I bought stuff for some fabulous cupcakes (they are fabulous in my mind, anyway) I am planning for a special event this weekend. Went to Ann Taylor. Bought a skirt. Went to Borders...didn't buy anything but I love just wandering through book stores. Went to Macy's, bought two new shirts. Went to Target, bought more things for this weekend. Thought more about the design for my cupcakes.

Drove home in upper 80s heat. Got home, checked email. Nothing special. Wrote down my debits so my on-to-of-everything husband has up-to-date records. Picked up my kids from school. When we got home Dale was home. He has this little joke...On Wednesdays I am usually in charge of dinner, and he came home to nothing...so he was like "Something smells goooooood..." It's his way of asking Where's my dinner, b*tch? I just laughed and suggested we go out. So we did. Kobe Teriyaki, a family favorite. I always, and I mean always get sushi there because who in their right mind passes up an opportunity to eat sushi?? But tonight I forced myself to try something different, so I opted for Szechuwan beef (just winging it on the spelling there, spellcheck couldn't even figure it out). The kids were suprisingly well behaved. Yay for Bella and Rowan.

Got home and got into our swimsuits and into the pool. The pool heater got fixed and is good as new! Swam for an hour. That is my workout for the day. Bella is a big chicken and Rowan is a daredevil...He's not even three and jumps off the diving board and into the 9' deep end. Only if we could coax Bella away from the shallow end and the safety of her Spongebob life ring.

Got the kids ready for bed, teeth brushed and fluoride given. Read a story (Miss Nelson is Missing), had cuddle time, hugs and kisses goodnight. Started some prep work for my cupcakes...dyed some frosting, made some swirly designs out of melted chocolate. While I was doing that I heard a thump and a little cry...Rowan had fallen out of bed. Poor baby, we just got hom out of the crib and into a big boy bed. Went in and cuddled my disoriented and wimpering baby. Put him back to bed. Don't think he ever actually woke up.

Cleaned up my gigantic mess, put my jammies on...and here I am. It's 11:18, eek. Late for me. Off to floss, brush (yes, I do it in that order, but it really doesn't matter. Trust me, your hygienist is just happy you do it).

So there you go. A day in my crazy life.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy life?! That sounds like a lovely day to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.