Sunday, July 19, 2009

Practicing With My Macro Lens

Those parenting books don't adequately warn you that once you have children, your sleeping-in days are over. It's possible that had I been properly prepared, I may have reconsidered.

Rowan crawled in bed with us this morning somewhere around 5:30, and by 6:00 Bella had joined the party also. And there were the four of us, packed in a queen sized bed like sardines. I found myself fighting for space between the edge and two sprawled out toddlers who had fallen back to sleep the second their heads hit my pillow.

I laid there for a few minutes, now wide awake, then decided to go outside and practice some macro photography.

I have this really cool little macro (why isn't it called micro? I still don't know) lens that I hardly ever use, yet is one of my best investments. You can take some really cool photos with it.

My 32 year old running and cycling ravaged knees didn't tolerate me squatting for too long, so I only fired off a few shots, but these turned out kinda cool, I thought.



4 comments:

  1. those are awesome. i would love to learn to take cool photos. we have a pretty nice camera - have no clue how to use it. we only have one lense.

    i hear ya on the sleeping in and kids in the bed. happens here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool pics, i really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Great colors and detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine the pore size that would be reveled should you use that on a human being. Those are super cool pictures, Jess!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.