Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's Snowing

It is dumping snow. Lots and lots of snow. I went to the grocery store around 5:30 for cilantro and peanuts (making Pad Thai, yummy...) and on the drive home there was just a hint of snow mixed in with the rain. Now, there's about 4 inches. So why is this blog-worthy? Because it's weird. Since the start of December, it has snowed about 12 times. Seriously, I stopped counting after 6. Sometimes there's just a light dusting, and sometimes there's enough to cancel school. I've lived here all my life, and it never snows this often. Eastern Washington, maybe, but not here over "by the coast" as those east of the mountains refer to us. I can remember several winter seasons where we haven't gotten any snow at all. Now don't get me wrong, I love snow, but I am actually kind of tired of it. AND I have to go to Bremerton tomorrow. Gggrreeeeeaaaaaaaattttttttt.

I bet my friends in Lake Tahoe, John and Rachel, are laughing at this right now.

3 comments:

  1. hey Jessie
    thanks for the comment on Kaylee's card making blog.....I left one there too for you to check out. Miss you too. Hope you are enjoying your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right. and it is weird. it keeps coming and never sticking. i do recall though, as a child in shelton, getting mega-snow that lasted for long periods of time. since moving - ca 1964 - i've not seen snow like that anywhere in western washington. chronic weather-watcher that i am, i think your blog is worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah i'm lol. we can can put your 4in. or 4ft. to shame any day. have you seen my blog recently. my life revolves around when the next storm will hit, how much snow we will get and how many days i will be snowed in. it's been a crazy winter

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.