Friday, October 24, 2008

Chicago Trip

We just got home from a week long trip to Chicago. It was great...but it's always great coming home. Before I get into the details, I have to say Frontier has moved to the top of my list of favorite airlines. Roomy! Comfy leather seats! Great service!

Originally it was going to be a family trip, but the week before we left we decided to leave Rowan with my mom. He is so busy right now, wouldn't have had fun, wouldn't remember it, and he ended up having a great time with grandma. He got one on one attention from her, Bella got one on one attention from us...it was the right choice for everybody!

We started most days with breakfast and coffee at Starbucks. Here is Bella goofing off. She was like "Hey mom look! Take my picture!"





One of the greatest things about Chicago is the food. It's a good thing we did a ton of walking each day...because we were eatin' good.

Chicago hot dogs are quite a treat. They are made a very specific way, with a poppy seed bun, peppers, tomatoes, even celery salt. Tasty!


Chicago style pizza...cheese, toppings, cheese, then sauce on top. Must be accompanied by a beer (if you ask me).


Here is Bella on the beach with the John Handcock building in the background.


We shopped along Michigan Avenue. I bought myself a scarf, because I never could quite get warm enough there, but Bella insisted upon wearing it. And the sunglasses, too.


I snapped this as Bella was standing along the railing on the bridge over the Chicago river.


Mostly when I photograph Bella she gives me a fake, cheesy smile. Every now and again I can coax the real thing out. Isn't she a cutey?


And what is a vacation without a jumping picture?


The Chicago river runs right through the heart of the city.


These are just a few shots of the amazing architecture.





See the dark green building with the gold top? It was designed to look like a champagne bottle, in protest of prohibition.


Dale and Bella


Me and Bella


We even saw Oprah! Not to sure why Dale is trying to tune in Tokyo.


We had to go up to the top of the Sears Tower. On September 11th, 2001, Dale's and my good friend (and the smartest guy I know), Chris Tarrach, was working in the Sears Tower and was forced to evacuate. He got into the elevator and realized he was standing next to Jerry Springer. He was like, "Hey Jerry."

I am not a huge fan of heights, so I was a little worried in the elevator that goes so high so fast that your ears pop on the way up, but once we got to the sky deck, it was no big deal. It didn't seem to be as high as I expected.






We walked a gazillion blocks to get to Chinatown where we ate lunch and discovered what dim sum is!


Walking back from Chinatown I snapped this picture. Wow, a dental studio. It makes dentistry sound so chic! Like you walk in, do a couple turns on the catwalk, sip some Cristal in between fillings, then casually stroll out in your Prada pumps where your driver is waiting to whisk you of to your private plane. I want to work there!


Chicago has some GREAT museums. This is at the field museum.


Michael Jackson?


I was so happy to come home to Rowan. I missed him so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super fun trip! My favorite. . .the Michael Jackson sculpture - for sure!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.