Monday, December 8, 2008

Do Your Kids Do This Too?

Ok, I know lots of you who read this have toddlers, and I've got to know if this is a common thing or something unique to my kids: My kids want to sleep with books. Not teddy bears or dollies or their special blankies, but books.

Either Dale or I read to the kids every night. They always want to sleep with the book which has been read to them. When they first started doing this, they would fight over the coveted book, a different one each night. So now I read them two books, so each has one to take to bed with them. Sometimes Rowan likes to share his crib with 3, sometimes 4 books.

Are my kids weird? I just can't imagine it would be very comfortable to cozy up to Goodnight Moon, but whatever.

5 comments:

  1. Ok - I thought Teagan was all alone with her little book problem! Last night I had cleared everything other than a stuffed animal out of her bed and when I went to put Zoe in bed, Teagan had gotten 6! books and had them piled in bed with her! I can't figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kids of my own, but just the other day I saw our good friends and their 2 yr. old. She carries around a Backyardagains DVD case - and sleeps with it! I think it's close enough to the book thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's Hand Hand Fingers Thumb for us all the way. Every night. I'm glad to know there are others. We can send our kids to a special group when they're older :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cam does this same thing all the time - seems so uncomfortable to sleep with two or three books but at times I catch her "sneaking" a read in and that makes my whole night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, Jude too. Every night, books! I go in once he is sleeping and clear the bed. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.