Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Flu...

Please forgive me while I whine your ear off...

I am sick.

It's gotta be the flu I've decided. This SUCKS! I haven't been sick like this since sixth grade or something.

If you follow my blog ya'll know how much I hate puking. Well last night it started at midnight...I was so considerate to my husband I used the bathroom down the hall instead of the one in our room. After the first bout, I crawled back into bed, wondering if Dale had woken up hearing that his wife was in obvious peril. I thought maybe he'd ask me how I was doing. Not my always-funny husband. "Honey," he says. "If you're trying to loose weight, it works better if you throw up RIGHT AFTER you eat."

So I laid there with the chills, nothing I did kept me warm enough. I have this nightgown that my mom gave me...It's full length, comes up to my neck, down to my wrists and to the floor. Dale HATES it and has actually forbid me to wear it to bed (for obvious reasons, ahem). He has two names for it: Prairie Garb, or Eight Pounds of Flannel. So as I laid there shivering, I informed him that I was going to put on Prairie Garb. He knew better than to protest.

The puking has stopped...Thank You Jesus!...but my whole body still hurts. My joints, even my ankles ache, and every inch of my skin is in pain.

Our four friends from Lake Tahoe are in town visiting, and right now everyone is out to dinner. I am so jealous! This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.