Monday, December 1, 2008

Today Is December 1st, part II

Today is December 1st, which means.....I get to start reading New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series.

I have just enough self discipline to allow myself one book a month. There are 4 books altogether, and I know that if I read as much as I wanted to, I would get fired, my husband would leave me, and my kids would have to resort to cannibalism. So I have to pace myself. Take it slow and savor every bit. It's been hard, I tell ya, having this book in my possession and not allowing myself to start reading it until today.

I also have tried to limit myself to one chapter per day, and at that rate I could make this book last until Christmas eve. But oops- I am at chapter 6 already.

I actually wasn't even going to blog about how much I love these books. I didn't want ya'll to realize what a total, obsessed, FREAK I am. But then I remembered that people have devoted their ENTIRE blogs to these stories.

Not that I've googled it or anything. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read your blog for a little while, I've been too busy googling Robert Pattinson.....I think we need to take mom to the movie, so we can see it (again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was from me by the way.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving it to December 7th and you will be done. You are lucky that it is Christmas time so there are some other distractions going on. You won't be able to stop yourself from moving quickly onto book three and very soon my friend you will understand why! I’ll be interested to see how long you can hold out!!! Does any woman really have the strength to put off Edward? I THINK NOT. Oh wait perhaps you will become a member of "Team Jacob," but I seriously doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I cant believe you have been that good not to even start the second book. I started all of them about two weeks ago. I am on the fourth and I have had to make myself set it down to do other daily requirements around the house...oh and work! Let us know when you are done.

    leah

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.