Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting to Know Your Friends, Christmas Edition

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I like the sparkly, obnoxious stuff.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I believe I blogged about this last year. Real all the way.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the first or second weekend of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? In TINY amounts. It's too rich.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Snoopy Sno-Cone machine!!!!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmm...If I struggle I just give a gift card.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and one year I realized Dale had arranged the figurines into explicit positions.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Anything from "P". My sister knows what I am talking about. (The one with the coveted M&M jar)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation (That there Clark is an ArrrrVeeeeee)


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday! 5am. I am totally hard core. (But this year I spent a bunch of money on myself...Great deals at Victoria's Secret, Macy's, I even bought myself a new set of luggage. Remember Rus?)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No Way!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dale's Mom's rocky road

16. Lights on the tree? What? Do some people not light their tree??

17. Favorite Christmas song? Hmm...I have the Christmas CD of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the whole thing is pretty good (Ok I had to bust out spell check there. Tabelnacher apparently isn't the correct spelling)

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Sure

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Dale and I still debate this one. I want Christmas eve, he wants Christmas morning. Still seems weird to open presents in the daylight.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The money, running out of time, feeling frazzled, eating too many goodies.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I received a bunch of Swarovski Crystal ornaments once as a gift. They are so pretty.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I have to copy my sis and say Uncle Bob's prime rib.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Camera Stuff

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Not sending it through the email circuit.


Ok, I thought my sister's was pretty good, so I added her's on here too:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, I like wrapping for about 20 minutes and then I start hauling out the gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Both

3. When do you put up the tree? I put up two fake ones the day after Thanksgiving and we get a real one in December. Yes, our house looks like the North Pole on steroids….

4. When do you take the tree down? Day after Xmas

5. Do you like eggnog? Plain, in a latte, with booze….yes, I like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Bike and a bubble gum machine

7. Hardest person to buy for? TJ…you can only spend so much time in the fishing aisle at Cabela’s without going insane.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but it’s kind of an ugly all-one-piece thing so I put it in the boys’ bathroom.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandma (bless her heart) got Jessie and I these K-Mart sweaters one year…mine had crotched mirrors and shapes on it and Jessie’s had a crotched teddy bear that stuck off the sweater about two inches. Of course we had to wear them that night….Jess kept pretending she was checking her teeth in the mirrors on my sweater, and I would remind her that she was sporting a stuffed animal on her chest.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? TJ and I both love the old Rudolph. We’ll totally be on the couch all misty eyed with our popcorn…meanwhile the boys get bored and run off.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think so…but I’m so paranoid that I’ll forget who gave it to me first and give it back to them.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Those little nougat candy things with the tree picture in the middle

16. Lights on the tree? Yep

17. Favorite Christmas song? I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (John Cougar Mellencamp)

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, but we always have to run around

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Sure

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Xmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to keep track of everything and everyone I need to buy for and paying for it. Also, did I mention the fishing aisle at Cabela’s?

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have these beautiful handmade ornaments that TJ’s grandma made, I just love them.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My uncle Bob Pearson’s prime rib (ask TJ, it’s better than any chef could ever make)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? More than gifts, I just want a vacation…I’m exhausted…

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Jessie (after she puts New Moon down)

6 comments:

  1. I think you're right...gifts from "P" are worse than the sweaters! Does Dale still have his Christmas CD that came free with a fill-up?

    -J (I'm only leaving my initial for fear that "P" will read this and beat me to death with the M&M jar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or she'll just breathe on you and you will wilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll distract her with my rendition of "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" on the piano and you can take her out from behind with a roll of recycled wrapping paper.

    -Debbie (Not my real name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, next time I see you (perhaps when the freaks that we are go and see "Twilight" again) I will inform you of what I now refer to as "The Cabela's Incident" and why I refuse to go there. Okay I don't refuse, but I will never walk through the doors again without reliving the drama. Also, Rudolph is on channel 7 right now, so I’m thinking of you and your husband and the endless stream of tears that must be flowing. I have to admit it is hard to think of your husband in tears. I remember him only as TJ the high school football stud! My kids haven’t moved an inch since Rudolph started, which is why I’m able to sit here and comment on your “Getting to Know Your Friends Christmas Edition”. Love that you spike your Eggnog with liquor. In my opinion it is really the only way to enjoy it.

    Jess, one day I will get to the bottom of what Mrs. P means. I’m intrigued by the mystery! Also, it is time to try eggnog the way it is truly intended. Just ask your sister for advice. I can’t even imagine what your wrapped Christmas gifts look like. If they are anything like your cakes I would hate to even open them. I bet your family just puts them up on the shelf and admires the pretty wrapping job. What is your average wrapping time per gift? I’m just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin....Jessie....when are we going to go see Twilight again? I'm thinking we can smuggle in some spiked Egg Nog and afterwards share some "P" stories and hear about the Cabela's story from Erin?
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.