Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My New Shoes

*disclaimer* my apologies if this post showcases my very shallow side.

I went shopping with my great friend Michelle last weekend. While meandering through Nordstom I spotted these beautiful heels, picked one up, and had the following mental conversation with myself:

Fun, Spontaneous Self (FSS): Oh, these are great...

Boring, Responsible Self (BRS): Yes, they are.

FSS: Stuart Weitzman! On sale!

BRS: Still expensive.

FSS: But still a great deal.

BRS: When would you wear these??

FSS: Lots of occasions in February alone! Valentine's Day, Las Vegas, Austin, Jared's wedding...

BRS: The economy is bad. You should be saving your money like they tell you to on Good Morning America.

FSS: I do save. And I work hard. And I quit sugar almost a month ago. I deserve something nice.

BRS: You are right. You do work hard. You do deserve it.

FSS: Yeah! I DO deserve it!



5 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous and a steal! Good for you for splurging. We all need to once in a while so we don't feel deprived. I'm proud to say that with all of my clothing purchases that day I didn't spend over $7 on any of them! My biggest expense were tweezers! It was a great shopping day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripes those shoes are as essential as the "little black dress"...you will get miles out of those babies...besides FSS and BRS had equal points but look at it this way - you will wear them a ton, you stimulated the economy with a purchase and Mommy's deserve a splurge...where is my ice cream (sorry no sugar giving up here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.