Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Training

Registration for the Seattle-to-Portland bike ride opened January 1st and Dale and I were first to sign up.

We train a lot. Obviously Washington winters don't allow us to ride much outside, so we ride inside. We have these gizmos that our bikes clip into that look like this:

















Then Dale decides he wants to challenge himself (or as I like to say, show off how super cool he is) and buys one of these trainers, which is basically a set of rollers that you ride your bike on. It looks scary to me, but he took to it like a fish in water. He has been begging me to try it. He says it's better practice, and it is more realistic. I told him that I already know how to balance on my bike, and I don't need to practice that, thankyouverymuch. This is what his trainer looks like:






















Besides, I like to multitask. This is actually how I ride my bike. I ride and read. I train at the same time I get lost in the world of Edward and Bella. And if you don't know who Edward and Bella are....that is so sad....

2 comments:

  1. That does look scary. I would definitely eat shit on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 400 pages into "eclipse" ... My dreams are about Edward & Bella (and Jacob) :) if you don't know Edward and Bella ... you are right; that is sad!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.