Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekend at Debbie's Cabin

This past weekend we stayed at my friend Debbie's cabin near White Pass like we do every fall. It's tradition. We go, be lazy, eat junk, do nothing, relax, and occasionally glance out the window to see elk walk by. It's pretty fun. We also take our family picture for our Christmas card.

Here is the cabin (I took this photo last year):


We got to the cabin late Friday after heading out from work. We got settled in and everyone went to bed except for me. I stayed up until 2:30am reading my latest book in front of the fire. So cozy!

Saturday Dale taught Bella how to play Uno. They entertained themselves for hours.




Rowan was SUPER grouchy Saturday. He's always a monster, but it was extra bad. In between bouts of rotten behavior, he'd sack out on the couch. I should have clued in by this point...moodiness, sleepiness, rosy cheeks, that only leads to one thing with my kids...A FEVER!


Saturday night Rowan became really sick with his high fever and that really bad cough kids get where the sound like a seal barking. They cry, cough, cry, cough, oh I feel so bad for them.

Rowan and I spent much of the next day like this. One good thing that comes from being sick is all the extra cuddle time I get!


I loaded Rowan up on Tylenol before taking our family pics so he could tolerate it for a while (like 5 minutes). I think I have decided on one. Whatcha all think of this one?

5 comments:

  1. Ben sleep's just like Rowan. Bent over. What's up with that? Hope they feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! P.s. Nixon has croupe (sp?) and is coughing like a barking seal as well.....and is taking the nastiest tasting oral steroid ever. I tasted it, and it's worse than lidocaine mixed w/ hemodent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stoned does Dale look???? Are you sure you just read and relax up at the cabin!!!! This is the one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute picture and i hope Rowan is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.