Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Going Under the Knife

3 posts in one day...I believe this is a record. Maybe I feel bad for depriving my 5 blog followers for so long?

I am getting surgery tomorrow (yes, September 11th). I have a hernia, and my nurse friend Erin was always putting a little bug in my ear, saying "...you know, you really should get that taken care of...could get serious real fast..." So tomorrow is the day.

Having a hernia makes me feel old. I can see it all now. First a hernia, then blood pressure meds, then diabetes...the next thing I'll know, the highlight of my day will be deciding between cherry jell-o and chocolate pudding at the assisted care facility.

Naaaa......I think I'll go out in style. My sister and I will probably be those old ladies sitting on the beach in brightly colored mu-mus with a box of wine between us. Yeah, that sounds more like it.

So tomorrow think of me as my guts are hanging out on the operating table. Please pray that I don't wake up with a colostomy bag.

4 comments:

  1. Ick good luck! I am thinking of you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd it go? Ready for drinks yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that everything went well today and you have a smooth and quick recovery! I'm glad you are back to posting too- I missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling ok Jess!And, I also hope for your sake that they loaded you up with Percocet, and more percocet. Just kidding, but not really.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.