Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Weekend Getaway at Cannon Beach

For my birthday, Dale treated me to a weekend away with the location being up to me (within driving distance). After giving Yakima strong consideration (now don't laugh, I used to live there and miss it sometimes!) I decided Cannon Beach would be the perfect spot. We've been through there dozens of times. We stop there everytime we go down the Oregon coast, but we have never really spent much time there. It's a cute little coastal town full of fun restaurants, neat galleries, and trendy little shops.

We were way overdue for some "Dale and Jessie time" as we like to call it. It's easy for your marriage to get lost in the shuffle of life, work, kids, and craziness. It's important to remember the one who is at your side through thick and thin. You have to nurture that relationship and keep the love alive, right? I am married to the greatest man alive, and sometimes I forget just how much fun he is to be around. This weekend was just what we needed. We had a great time.

Dale took this shot of me at breakfast early Saturday morning.


It was so nice to just lay around without any responsibilities. We brought a bunch of movies with us.



One of the movies we watched was Marley & Me. I have been avoiding this movie because I read the book and, well, it's no mystery how it ends. I have never cried so much watching a movie! Good thing our room was well stocked with lots of Kleenex:


Gotta love the self-portraits!




Dale at dinner


Cute architecture


Our quaint little hotel


Saturday was beautiful and warm, which led to a beautiful sunset. We headed down to the beach to enjoy the time.



We were back to where we got engaged, almost 10 years ago. Awww......


"Should I put a kissy picture on my blog?"
I asked Dale. He was all for it. Good. So if ya'll find this TMI, blame him.


There had been a wedding earlier in the day and the alter had been left up. I caught these people just enjoying the moment.

We stopped for breakfast on our way out of town this morning. Thank you, honey, for the great birthday present. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love it! So glad you guys could get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Where did you stay..it doesn't ring any bells with me?

    As for the kissy picture, I'll let it slide since I've NEVER seen one of you guys before!

    Glad you had a fun weekend Jess.

    Oh, and is oatmeal all you ever get at breakfast anymore..I can see the remnants leftover in the bowl of the 2nd to last pic. Live a little woman!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.