Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Greater Than? Less Than?

As a hygienist I have to use the greater than and less than symbols quite a bit when documenting in charts. For instance I would write Pt's perio pockets maintaining, none >3mm. In school I knew I had to quickly teach myself a way to keep them strait.

Today I had someone ask me which direction the V goes to indicate greater than. So I showed her my little trick. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but she pretty much thought it was genius. So I'll share it with all of you.

Here you have your symbols:



The greater than symbol then turns into a "G" (for greater than...see?) Then the other is a slightly tipped over "L" (see where this is going?) for less than.


Clever, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Einstein, Plato, Confucius and Ackley. Has a nice ring doesn't it? I'm just going to tell you right now I will be stealing your trick, but don't worry I won't pass it off as my own!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.