Saturday, May 30, 2009

My 7K

I remember asking my friend Courtney once what the hardest part about running a marathon was. "The first mile", she said without hesitation.

I had to keep reminding myself of this as I ran a 7K this morning...but before I get into that, there is something I don't get. It was a 7 mile run. But they refer to it as a 7K. Basic math tells me that 1 mile does not equal 1 kilometer, because
1 kilometer < 1 mile, so maybe this post should have been titled My 7 Mile.

So the hardest part was the first mile. It was early, cold, and I just couldn't really find my "groove". It did get better, and I actually kind of zoned out towards the end and I felt like I could have just kept going and going. I summarized my experience in this little graph:



Our good friends from Pennsylvania-now-Seattle, Chris and Jennifer, and their 3 kids came and spent the weekend with us. Chris did the run with us while Jen stayed back at our house and took care of the 5 kids (which is harder? Debatable.) Here is a pic of Chris and Dale and I.


Here is Dale about to cross the finish line. He was laughing at his hair in this picture.


I just crossed the finish line in this pic.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration!!! Way to go. Thank goodness for the MP3 players at least they provide some sort of distraction. Chris hasn't changed a bit! Glad you weren't in total misery the entire time! Talk soon, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo! Nice work. I totally agree with your chart.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.