Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Boss

Dr. Bowers really is a nice boss. Never once has he had the I'm-the-boss-so-you-must-bow-down-to-me attitude. He never gets mad, he never micromanages, and he believes in his employees.

He loves to fish, and on a regular basis during the spring and summer he will bring us all salmon. Fresh or smoked? he'll ask. It's great.

Today was fish day. I couldn't wait to get mine home and gobble it up. As I was getting ready to leave work today, I found myself in a pickle. I remembered I had ridden my bike, and how would I get my salmon home?

So I asked Dr. Bowers if he had a bungee cord. I was just going to fasten my salmon to the rack on the back of my bike and head for home (now that I think about it, I would have looked awfully funny riding along with a fish strapped to my bike). When he asked what I needed a bungee for, I told him that I had no other way to get the salmon home. "I'll just drive it up to your house for you", he said. My house isn't far from the office, but it's completely out of his way. He insisted. There was no talking him out of it. So that's what he did. (He actually took my purse and jacket for me too).

Thank you for the constant generosity, Dr. Bowers!

3 comments:

  1. yummy! i want some of that! probably better that he drove it, you wouldn't want that fish going bad cooking in the sun on the back of your bike. you'd probably have cats following you down the street. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, my bad, i remembered a few hours late. the above comment was from TornadoRachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get points from Dr. B for that post? Just curious. And a bit jealous, I miss the smoked stuff.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.