Sunday, June 7, 2009

Angie and Carson's Wedding in Bellingham

Angie was my roommate when I went to dental hygiene school in Yakima and simply put, she is one of my favorite people ever. We met on the first day of school. We had assigned seating and Angie was on my left. She was so sweet and sincere and I remember saying a quick prayer thanking God that I was seated next to someone so nice when I was otherwise feeling very overwhelmed and homesick.

Angie was a great roomate. We lived in the neatest little house that was built in the 1930s. It had original hardwood floors and that old charm that new homes just don't have. That house had the shortest address I am sure I will ever reside in:
6 Hall Ave. There was this big covered porch out front and I have lots of memories sitting out there with Angie in the warm Eastern Washington evenings drinking wine (oops! I mean studying).

We graduated, I moved back to Shelton, Angie stayed back in Yakima for a while then eventually found herself back in her hometown of Bellingham. We saw each other a few times in those first few years out of school, but life takes over and time gets away as it always manages to.

I was so excited when I recieved her wedding invitation. If I have the story strait...Angie met Carson when she cleaned his teeth while he was home in Bellingham on break from pharmacy school...they had gone to high school together but had never met.


When Angie walked down the aisle it was the first I'd seen her in 5 years. I got pretty teary eyed because she looked so beautiful and happy and I realized just how much I've missed her through the years and how much she means to me.

While I wasn't the wedding photographer, I of course brought my camera. I only used my 50mm lens (it's small and travels well) so I stole a few shots here and there. This first pic is from my view during the ceremony.


The wedding was a beautiful and grand affair, as I knew it would be. Angie is very artistic, creative, and has great taste. Didn't she make a stunning bride?

Angie was being pulled a million different directions during the reception so I only got a few pictures of her here and there but I snapped these while she was chit chatting with everyone at our table. I feel these images capture her personality well, as she had a very animated face.





I was standing there talking to Angie when a small but brilliant flash caught my eye. "Damn! Lemme see that thing!" I said, grabbing her hand.



The venue was this historical place called Lairmont Manor.



During the reception Dale and I took it upon ourselves to go snoop around this big, old place. I snapped this photo of myself in the hallway.


Here are some other photos from the reception.




Towards the end of the night, my dumb shoe broke. It was good timing, I suppose, as we were thinking about heading back to our hotel and I was feeling stupid walking around barefoot.


Here is a pic of Angie and I with her BFF and bridesmaid, Nicole. I met Nicole and her husband Johnny when Angie and I stayed with them at their home in Portland several years ago. They are two extremely welcoming people.


Angie and I vowed that we would be better at staying in touch and would make a point to get together this summer. I can't wait.

Congratulations, Angie and Carson.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bride and very nice pictures Jess.How in the hell did your show break? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I meant shoe.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.