Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My New Running Shoes

For Mother's Day this year Dale got me a gift certificate to South Sound Running. Last year he bought me a road bike. Is he trying to drop a hint or what?? I am kidding...I am running a half marathon in 24 days (eek!) and he knows my old shoes have seen their better days.

Today was my day off, and I spent it running a gazillion errands getting ready for Dale's birthday tomorrow. One of my stops was to get my new running shoes. Usually when I get shoes I just go in, pick some out, try them on, and buy 'em. At this place, there's this whole process. They do this little interview on the what fors and how comes of your running, then they watch you run and analyze your form (while you feel like a total boob). So the girl goes and gets like 8 pairs based on my style/needs. I tried on a few pairs, they were so-so. Then she pulled out a pair and just as I opened my mouth to say No way, those are too ugly!, I discovered they were the same shoes that SHE was wearing. Phew!

Through the process of elimination, these are the shoes I took home. I had to laugh because they are my third pair in a row of orange/white/silver running shoes. When Dale came home he was like "What? More orange ones?"

4 comments:

  1. wooo hooo! new running shoes!! i love south sound running! (sniff sniff, i miss washington) the first time i went to a "real" running shoe store, i left with the ugliest pair of shoes i'd ever bought and i couldn't believe i actually spent that amount of money on a pair of shoes i didn't think were cute. they turned out to be the best pair of running shoes i'd ever had. and i've been getting the same shoe ever since. thank goodness they change the style once in awhile! ;)

    oh! and wichita has a half marathon in sept i'm gonna run, just in case you want to take a sweet little vacation to the middle of the country. we can even go visit the EXACT middle of the united states. if that doesn't make you want to come, then i'm not sure what will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy/Rachel- I heard through the grapevine you are coming out here in Sept. Driving?? Bring your bike!!! We could find a duathalon to do!!

    I have to admit, no hills in Kansas is awful appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could bring my bike! No we will not be driving, and I think I'll have enough equipment and suitcases with these 2 kids I'm not sure Royal will appreciate carrying my bike around! Maybe we can find a race to run together!!!

    Royal's brother's getting married on sept 12th, so we'll be around for that. Royal has to come home early (b/c of school), but me and the kidlettes are hanging around for awhile and will definitely be up in shel-town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should have hooked up for lunch....my office shares the parking lot with SSR (our building is separate but we all share the large lot), I'm am a hop, skip and barely a jump from them....next time, call me :)

    Great shoes!! I have $$ for them too...maybe someday whenever I think I might run.....I might use that $$...or maybe buy a cute jacket; running ain't my thang! Woohoo Jess....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.