Saturday, June 20, 2009

STP Update




So recently, Dale and I had a lengthy discussion and decided it will be best if I ride the STP over two days while Dale sticks with our original plan of one. I kind of have to swallow my pride with this one, because I really, really wanted to prove myself...but the truth is, simply, I am not ready. Don't get me wrong, I have been training, just not enough to feel confident riding 200+ miles in one day. I just haven't had the time to commit to the amount of cycling it would take to prepare.


With that said...I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Granted, I will have to be by myself and I won't have my riding buddy, but I'll be fine. I'll make new friends. I joked with Dale that I'll just have to find some cute young cyclists to talk shop with over Powerbars and bananas.


One of my very favorite BFFs, Melissa, just bought a house in Centralia (the half-way/overnight spot). We're going to have a sleepover! Yes! No more getting 45 minutes of sleep in a sweltering, stuffy little tent on the hard ground with no pillow directly under a streetlight (not that I am traumatized from last year, no, not at all). The plan is I'll roll into town in the afternoon, drop off my bike, pick up my bag, then give Mel a call and she'll come pick me up. Then off to her house for a shower, some RR...and she did promise me a beer and pasta party followed by a two hour massage (remember Mel?). I seriously am so excited about having a bed and a full night's sleep, I won't even know what to do with myself.


It is going to be so fun. Besides, honesty, who really wants to ride their bike for 200 miles strait?

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I am REALLY excited to have you over, and I do believe it will be a fun time.

    However, you will probably still be getting 45 minutes of sleep in a sweltering, stuffy little tent on the hard ground with no pillow directly under a streetlight, because I plan to have you sleep on our curb so you can really get a good feel for our neighborhood.

    But don't worry, beer and pasta will still be provided before I send you outside for the night.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.