Sunday, June 28, 2009

Courtney and Mike's Engagement Session, Seattle

Originally we were going to drive to Leavenworth on Friday to shoot Courtney and Mike's engagement photos. I thought it was a perfect location. The live in Maryland but both lived in Germany at different points in their lives, so I thought it would be a great way to recognize that.

We scrapped that plan when we found out that Courtney and I had to be in Seattle by 7pm to pick up our marathon packets (in person) and we knew we wouldn't be able to fit a Shelton to Leavenworth to Seattle trip all in one day. So...since we had to be in Seattle anyway, we did the shoot there.

This was my first engagement shoot ever. I have a few weddings under my belt, but never an engagement session. I was actually pretty nervous. Good thing they are some of my best friends.

They ended up loving the pictures...I got up early this morning and worked like mad to get them edited and saved so they'd be ready for when they left tonight.



It's funny- as I showed them the ~60 final images on a slide show, we laughed at how many kissing ones there were. "I had you guys making out all day!"

I loved loved loved Courtney's orange jacket from jcrew. She left it at my house to keep for a while. "It's already too hot in Maryland for it" she said. "Just stick it in the mail when you're done with it." What a great friend!



















This one is a little bit of a joke. We were in a furniture store.




We took some fun shots at (where else?) Pike Place Market.








This one is my favorite from the day:






So Courtney really wanted me to take a few shots in the original Starbucks on Pike. I was skeptical that any would turn out...it was SO crowded that people were smashed up against us, but these ended up being some of my favorites!










Here are a few from Kerry Park...it was bright and sunny and the lighting for that time of the day was pretty unideal, but these two look cute in any light.






















This next shot was taken in a courtyard of an apartment complex. I had fired off only one frame when a miserable old man yelled at us that it was not a public park. Good thing it turned out!






I love this one of Mike.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.