Sunday, June 7, 2009

I {Heart} My Bike

Yesterday Dale and I hit a few bicycle stores. Dale was shopping for some new cycling shoes (which he found and ordered...I could have bought some Manolo Blahniks for what he paid...and personally I thought his old shoes were just fine...but that's just my opinion, I'll shut up about it now and get on with my original story).


Back to the point. While in Bicycles West, we were wandering about and I stopped to look at the little bicycle bells. I have threatened to by one before, which just the thought of me defacing my ultra-sleek bike like this sends Dale into a tizzy. Our conversation then proceeded as this:



Me: I definitely want a bell for my bike for the STP this year.

Dale: WTF for??

Me: So I can alert the other cyclist that I am about to blast on past them.

Dale: Are you sure you want to waste $7 on something that you'll only use twice?...And those are the guys sitting in the grass changing their flats?



We show each other love by making fun of one other and just plain basic ridicule. Instead of choosing a small, inconspicuous silver-and-black-to-match-my-bike, just to bug him I picked out the most obnoxious, juvenile one available.


Love you, hon.

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.