Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Half Marathon



I'm pooped! It's been a busy weekend. One of my best friends, Courtney (like she needs an introduction, I have talked about Courts a million times on here) and her Fiance, Mike, flew out this weekend from Maryland. I picked them up early Friday and we headed to Seattle where we shot their engagement photos (next post).
After shooting for most of the day, we headed to Mike's sister liz's house in Ballard to spend the night. Liz and her husband, Nick, graciously put us up for the night. Then the next morning, bright and early (and I mean early) we got up and headed to Tukwila where Liz, Courtney and I ran the Rock & Roll Seattle half marathon.

Here are some pictures. These first ones are at the starting line.


There's Courtney on the left, then liz, then me. We were crammed into the back of Liz's Prius. It was about 5:45am. Brutal.


Waiting for our turn to go at the starting line.




Mike took this pic of Courts and I approaching the finish line. Not quite sure what my left hand is doing.


The race finished at Qwest Field. Here we are with our finisher's medals. No, Liz is not wearing a Superman cape...they give you these foil blankets after you cross the finish line. Courtney laughed at me when she saw this picture. She said I looked like I was trying to act cool. The truth is, I was in so much pain in this picture. No, not from blisters or tired legs, but from the horrible, throbbing, caffeine withdrawl headache I had. I hadn't drank any coffee before the run and boy did I suffer those last few miles. I really am addicted. Screw Gatorade...I needed my tall nonfat latte!

Courtney and Mike




We were walking up to Starbucks when we stopped for this picture so you can see how many runners participated. Forty thousand!

After finding the nearest Starbucks, we hit a yummy Thai restaurant for lunch, then we headed for Shelton. We decided to take the Seattle-Bremerton ferry back home. As soon we found a place to sit on the upper deck, I was out! And thank you, Courtney, for taking possibly one of the most unflattering pictures of me in existence. When I woke up they showed me the picture and wanted to know what I was dreaming about because of the placement of my hand (a friend without a dirty mind is no friend to me ;)


You wear these little ID tags in your shoelaces that have a little chip in them that tracks your time and placement in the race.

Here I am playing with Courtney's iPhone. Maybe someday I'll actually get on board and buy one.




A few pictures taken from the ferry...a cruise ship in port


Another ferry


Beautiful Mt. Rainier

2 comments:

  1. Good job!
    We did the Rock n Roll in Phoenix and spent the rest of the day in the ER with my mother who didn't train. Ooops. :)

    All those pictures really make me homesick. Wish I was there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl!

    And just what were you dreaming about?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.