Sunday, June 14, 2009

How to Make Sunflower Cupcakes

For Bella's birthday party tonight I made her these sunflower cupcakes. They're actually not that hard to do and turn out so cute.


I used yellow cake and yellow cupcake papers. Try to fill the batter no more than half full into the cups when baking, so the cupcakes don't come out with much of a domed top. This makes for easier decorating.



Use a piping bag filled with yellow frosting and fitted with a "leaf" tip, pipe the flower pedals around the edge of the top of the cupcake.



It may seem like a lot of work, but once you get the hang of piping, you can whip out one cupcake in about a minute.



Fill in the center with chocolate icing.



Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto the chocolate part.



Voila!








7 comments:

  1. I don't know where you got your talent. It sure wasn't from me. See you tonite. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make sunflower cupcakes this week, too! Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable cupcakes. Bella is a doll also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure where you always come up with all of your creativity! They are super cute...thank you for the inspiration. I'm going to try & make them.

    BTW...I agree with Tina...Bella is a DOLL! I can't believe she is 5 years old. CRAZY!! So...she'll be in kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, you are amazing, those cupcakes are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks it is a great guide, now to make sunflower cupcakes is definitely very easy with the help of your information. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, I dіscovered yοur wеb site by wаy of Google whіlst looking for
    a сomparable matter, your site camе uр, it аppears gοoԁ.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just turned into alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it's
    reallу infоrmative. I am gonna be careful
    for brusѕels. I will apprеciate whеn you
    pгoceed this in futuгe. Many оther folks mіght be
    benefіtеd out of your writing. Cheers!
    Look at my page : Dixon

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.